Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] per: Preparation patch for player authen

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] per: Preparation patch for player authentication. In...
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:36:25 -0500

> > I don't think it's necessary to pollute the command set with a command that
> > takes an additional argument but does exactly the same thing.
>
> I agree with Mike.  But maybe "assign" is a better overall name.

hmm, but not for someone connecting remotely.

> > you are correct, it should be 'unattaching from'
>
> "detaching" sound better

ok.

> > actually the situation is completely different. If you start the game right
> > now, Bob will start a [one-player] ai game all by himself. The user kaufman
> > will just sit in the staging area: he's not attached to a player.
>
> I am not quite sure what exactly are you talking about, but I think you
> should make sure that starting a single-player game (possibly with AIs)
> will not require any more commands than it requires now.

it normally does, but here I removed the player that I was attached to, so
I'm not going to get automatically attached to another when the game
starts.

By default, if you do nothing, it starts how it normally did, but don't
take my word for it, the code is already in CVS. Try it.

-mike