Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3746) explosion sprites are loaded twice

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3746) explosion sprites are loaded twice
From: "Rafa³ Bursig" <bursig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:17:42 -0800

Dnia 2003.03.21 09:17 Jason Short napisa³(a):

> [jdorje - Tue Mar 18 06:32:36 2003]:
>
> > One thing I just noticed about the new sprite loading code is that
> the
> > unit explosion sprites are loaded twice - once when counting how
> many
> > explosion sprites there are, and a second time when putting them
> into an
> > array.  This just means there is an extra reference to the sprite,
> which
> > means if unload_sprite were ever called (outside of
> free_all_sprites) on
> > these sprites we probably wouldn't end up releasing the pixmap
> immediately.
> >
> > The attached patch is a poor solution to this problem.
>
> The attached patch is a better solution.
It's better that my code but I think real solution should be make in
"hash" code.

but we can make this "bool check_sprite(const char *tag_name)" simpler :

/**************************************************************************
   Return TRUE iff the specified sprite exists in the tileset (whether
or not it is currently loaded).
**************************************************************************/
bool check_sprite(const char *tag_name)
{
   /* Lookup information about where the sprite is found. */
   return (hash_lookup_data(sprite_hash, tag_name) != NULL);
}
  Secundo :
What do you think about server citizens code ?

Rafal

Szukam kochanki... >>> http://link.interia.pl/f16f4
PS. Jest nas tu wiecej takich.