Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv SDL art

To: Rafal Bursig <bursig@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv SDL art
From: Lars Willemsens <lars.willemsens@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:52:43 +0100

Hi Rafal,

That code is in FreeCol's CVS repository. See http://freecol.sourceforge.net/index.php?section=7

Currently the SDL/OpenGL code isn't included in the build. If you want a version that can be compiled (with standard GNU build tools such as make and configure) then you might want to check out a version from september 2002. Back then it was still included in the build and the code hasn't changed since then anyway.

About the code, the SDL/OpenGL code was never properly linked to the other code (such as networking). This is a result from the fact that the GUI code was written in plain C while the rest of the project was written in C++. It's perfectly possible to link the two parts, but things just didn't work out. All of the GUI code was written by Paul Mueller (bitnapper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). It mainly consists of a framework of GUI widgets such as menus, dialogs and buttons. Perhaps if you ask Paul for a copy of his SDL/OpenGL widgets library then he'll be happy to send it to you because large parts of it were not colonization specific (other parts were more FreeCol specific).

bye,
Lars