Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3702) Suggestion: Planning unit movements and acti

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3702) Suggestion: Planning unit movements and actions
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:45:29 -0800

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 04:02:47PM -0800, Guest wrote:

> Suppose I want build a road between 2 cities.  I would like to be able
> to give a settler a list of commands, e.g. move north, build road,
> move northwest, build road, etc all in one go.

Did you try the connect command for that?

>  The settler would
> then behave similarly a unit on goto, i.e. it would move automatically
> until there where no commands left or one of the following occured: it
> was unable complete a command, it was woken up by an enemy unit, or it
> was woken up by the player.  When a unit is selected, its plan would
> be shown on the map.  Movement between tiles could be shown by arrows;
> actions could be shown by letters (e.g. R for road).  When this
> planning mode is active, commands for the selected unit would be added
> to the end of the list by pressing the appropriate key and removed by
> pressing backspace.

Something like that is part of the warclient,
http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=3530

The part missions, it only lacks a nice interface to do so, but its a
big help for playing the game with low timeouts.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wenn Du nicht programmieren kannst und Dir für Arbeit zu schade bist: