Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3646) freeciv-ai ai_military_findvictim

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3646) freeciv-ai ai_military_findvictim
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 04:50:59 -0800

Hi,

in ai_military_findvictim(

  /* Ferryboats with passengers do not attack. */
  if (punit->ai.passenger > 0) {
    return 0;
  }

why that? Attacking with caravels and fregattes is better than getting
attacked by the same unit.
And even attacking a caravel with a trireme is better than getting
attacked. Ok perhaps we should try to unload first, but thats not a good
idea in every case.

With that restriction the normal playerattack case isn't possible:
Move a fregatte with a horsemen near to an enemy city, kill the defender
(lets say its an horsemen), unload the horsemen, enter the city.

Something else:
/*************************************************************************
This function looks at tiles adjacent to the unit in order to find
something
to kill or explore.  It prefers tiles in the following order:

Returns value of the victim which has been chosen:

99999    means empty (undefended) city

Why do we only look at adjacent tiles? Players look on reachable tiles.
With a horse on a nuclearpowered, magelan accelerated transport that is
a big difference.
Same for paratroopers, helecopters.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wenn Du nicht programmieren kannst und Dir für Arbeit zu schade bist: