Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3612) Legend bug

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx, kersten@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3612) Legend bug
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:01:59 -0800

ChrisK@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 09:57:02AM -0800, Jason Short wrote:
>
>>Another question: are the nation classes ever translated?  It doesn't
>>look like it...
>

> You mean nation groups like historian, modern ... ? They are.

Hmm, this is ugly.  The class names are translated by the GUI code; this
means some extra i18n code (like skip_i18n_prefix()) is needed.  Also
the "Other" class is translated by the common code, so it ends up being
translated twice.  And the "All" class has some special handling there
(it is a gui-gtk extension).

I think the class and legend strings should be translated at the same
time: in packhand.c.

jason