[Freeciv-Dev] savegame question

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] savegame question
From: Horn Gábor <Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:08:15 +0000

Hi!

I'm interested in examining savegame functions of freeciv. The currrent
gamelog (and the animation/graphs created from it) isn't bad, but i
think we could make more informative description of a game w/ more info.
So first i'd like to ask where i can find the detailed description of
format of savegame files? I'm not sure yet if what i think of can be
done by processing multiple savegames (eg 1 for each turn) or needs
modification to the savegame  format. This year i have to make my final
dissertation on the university, and i think this topic might be
interesting (for us, and i'll try to convience the teachers that it's a
very important question in today's IT world too hehe :) In some words
what i'd like to make: some more dinamic and informative 'playback' of
games, like php generated flash movies, where u can see the movement of
troops in expansion and invasion, the capitals and their movements,
maybe wonders, allies etc. And anything else that can be useful to
understand what happened in a current game, what was the weak point of
strategie, etc.

thanks for any help.

bye, hirisov