[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomacy

To: Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomacy
From: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 Feb 2003 00:00:42 +0100

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 00:08, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> I suggest we change the condition for conducting diplomacy from having an
> embassy (as now) to merely having made contact.
>
> This will be a big change of gameplay; but that is also the only good
> reason I can see against it.
>
> Reasons for:
>   - It was this way in Civ2 (duh).
>   - Diplomats less important.
>   - No longer have to micromanage a diplomat into the land of each enemy
> to do diplomacy with him.
>   - It will be very hard to get diplomats to establish embassies with AIs
> (and players) with autoattack.
>   - AI diplomacy (coming soon) is much more fun this way.
>
> If nobody objects, I'll put this change into the AI diplomacy patch (two
> lines of code change).
>
>   - Per

I need some time to find it, anyway, two months ago I've posted an RFC
on the whole diplomacy affair.

There has been few comment and little controversial point.

So, if you are really interested in this matter, I suggest to turn back
that RFC and start again the discussion.

If you are not able to find it, give me one day or two, and I'll find
it.

        Ciao, Davide