[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomacy

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomacy
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze49r5w@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:14:38 -0500

Per I. Mathisen wrote:
I suggest we change the condition for conducting diplomacy from having an
embassy (as now) to merely having made contact.

This will be a big change of gameplay; but that is also the only good
reason I can see against it.

Reasons for:
  - It was this way in Civ2 (duh).
  - Diplomats less important.
  - No longer have to micromanage a diplomat into the land of each enemy
to do diplomacy with him.
  - It will be very hard to get diplomats to establish embassies with AIs
(and players) with autoattack.
  - AI diplomacy (coming soon) is much more fun this way.

If nobody objects, I'll put this change into the AI diplomacy patch (two
lines of code change).

What, then, is the point of having an embassy?

jason