[Freeciv-Dev] splitting tickets and using links in RT (was: PR#3419)

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] splitting tickets and using links in RT (was: PR#3419)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:57:07 +0100

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 01:33:11AM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> Ugh; I thought this had already been fixed.  I didn't realize the
> report+patch was hiding in 2922.
>
> We can avoid such confusion (at the cost of a bit more work to maintain
> RT) by always entering important bugs or new patches under their own
> (new) ticket numbers.
>
> jason

I was wondering about this when I submitted it.
This is what the links in RT appear to be there for.
You have three relationships:

  depends on / depended on
  related to
  child of / parent of

I should have put my patch in a "child" ticket I suppose.

I have already created some "depends on" links.

Is there a policy in the use of links?  If not what should it be?

--
Reinier