[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2327) Preselecting government

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2327) Preselecting government
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:43:41 -0800

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Arnstein Lindgard wrote:
> What I actually set out to do, was to introduce something like
> client/automation.c.
>
> Sometimes the client should be able to auto-reply to certain server
> requests or automatically send orders in a limited way. Probably not
> all of it belongs with the Agents.

Agreed.

> For instance, in my experimental client I have a client-side
> bodyguard, which simply goes where the VIU goes

It might be an idea to implement this on the server side. In particular, I
am concerned about how ferries will play along with bodyguards: If you
have more sentried units than a ferry' capacity, it shouldn't randomly
split a bodyguard from its charge. It would also be faster.

> I wonder how many of you are working with Agents, and is it like
> everyone's waiting for the framework to be ready?

AFAIK, the framework is ready, but there is only one person working on
agents, and that is Raimar.

  - Per