[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2327) Preselecting government

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2327) Preselecting government
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:46:47 -0800

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 06:34:28AM -0800, Arnstein Lindgard via RT wrote:

> I have a suggestion patch for this ticket. Applies to GTK1, with two
> mostly empty inserted functions in the other clients to maintain
> compatibility.
>
> You can preselect gov't from radio buttons at revolt time.
>
> There is a magic number: menu space for 6 gov'ts to allow for
> Fundamentalism or modpacks. I don't know if you can have a variable number
> of radio buttons. Unused slots are blanked out and made insensitive.
> At game start the name of the gov't rado buttons are defined.

Can't you create the Buttons like in popup_government_dialog in
dialogs.c? Think that whould be a better solution.
And its no help against the case where you get the government tech from
a teammate and you want to start your revolution earlier (#2833).

> Introduced client/automation.ch. I thought that would be a good place
> to hold simple auto-stuff unlike intelligent agents. I also have a patch
> for preselecting diplomat actions that could go here if it is desired.

Nice feature but i think it should be done like the serverside
autoattack. Serveroption and it shouldn't go in as long there is no
serverside autoattack.

Thomas