Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2858)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2858)
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 21:06:40 -0500

Jason Short via RT wrote:
Rafa³ Bursig via RT wrote:

Another alternative would be to remove show_city_desc from redraw_map_widgets. Then the only addition is a single call to redraw_map_widgets after the city descriptions are redrawn. Would this work?

Err, I mean show_city_descriptions(), not show_city_desc(). This means show_city_descriptions is still called by update_map_canvas_visible() right *before* redraw_map_widgets.

I don't see how your solution will help with redrawing after an update_map_canvas() or refresh_tile_mapcanvas() call.

But then, I'm sure with a sufficient amount of buffering you can handle things even without any new interface functions. But it would be ugly (as I mentioned before).

jason