[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2574) RFC: (PR# 1762) corruption revisited

To: nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2574) RFC: (PR# 1762) corruption revisited
From: "Raimar Falke via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 01:32:59 -0800

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 05:32:34PM -0800, Raahul Kumar via RT wrote:
> > 3) corruption scheme modification will need mandatory capability
> > (function included in common/ are used both by client and server, and if
> > you use CMA, in you client, you can't disagree with server, on how you
> > calculate corruption nor waste)
>
> The CMA does not need to be updated with regards to any change in corruption.

You have to make sure that common/city.c:city_corruption returns the
same value at the client and server for the same input values. That is
the requirement that the CMA has.

> We send it the corruption value, not the process of how it is
> computed. The CMA does not calculate waste/corruption. No need for a
> mandatory string.

That is wrong. The CMA calls generic_city_refresh at the client
side. This recalculation includes corruption (and waste if it is
added).

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 checking for the vaidity of the Maxwell laws on this machine... ok