[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2574) RFC: (PR# 1762) corruption revisited

To: nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2574) RFC: (PR# 1762) corruption revisited
From: "Per I. Mathisen via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 10:25:56 -0800

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Raahul Kumar via RT wrote:
> We need an agreement on *who* is going to do the implementing. I assume I am.
> I like some of your ideas. I still think you and Per suffer from feauturitis.

Actually, it is called "rulesetitis" ;)

> A brand new patch should makie these changes. The waste patch will stay almost
> as is.

You should add the range thing, either your way or Davide's way.

> > btw, we need a little more flexibility to let waste and corruption
> > differentiate totally (the max_distance_from_capital variable should be
> > game.ruleset defined *AND* should be different between waste and
> > corruption).
>
> I *really* don't like this idea. I believe that waste and corruption
> are naturally joined. Obviously, a corrupt government *cannot*
> be an efficient government.

That should be up to the ruleset author to decide. (Eg the Utopian
government has lots of waste because people shirk industrial labour but
everyone is basically honest so there is no corruption.)

  - Per