[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2521) general effects framework

To: kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2521) general effects framework
From: "Per I. Mathisen via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 12:44:54 -0800

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Raimar Falke via RT wrote:
> The problem of the AI is that it can't hardcode the buildings
> anymore. This means that it really has to do extra work

There are 85 references in the AI code to hardcoded buildings outside
building evaluations code. It will be some work to change all these to use
gen effects code, but trivial to do apart from the amount of work. Also,
this will not make AI more stupid. Behaviour should be identical.

> _AND_ have to
> understand the effects either as effects or looking what the given
> building changes.

If it does the latter, the AI will end up _more_ intelligent than before.

> So my current case is that the AI will even much more stupid that it
> is now.

This conclusion does not follow.

  - Per