[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2486) Civ 2 Style Waste

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#2486) Civ 2 Style Waste
From: "Raahul Kumar via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 06:53:22 -0800

I have finally finished my Civ 2 style Waste implementation. A few notes about
this patch:

I have not updated Civ 1/2 rulesets to use waste_level. It is trivial to do so,
and if this patch is committed I will send in modified rulesets.

Only gui-gtk has support in the city dialog for showing waste. All other guis
have no support. Waste still happens, but the player can't see how it is
occuring. His city will produce less shields than it should(except in
Democracy), and the player will go slowly insane.

Per wanted ruleset authors to have the ability to completely define waste using
the similar params to corruption. I think all they need is waste_level. If the
maintainers feel Per is correct, let me know. But before you make that
decision, consider that this patch is massively bigger than the original.

A decision in support of more params means even more code.

I have made some changes to the CMA to support waste. I am unsure if my CMA
changes are correct. I have been unable to find bugs.  Please review/commit.

Aloha,
RK.

Ignorance is never out of style. It was in fashion yesterday, it is the rage
today, and it will set the pace tomorrow. -Franklin K. Dane