Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: teamslite10

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: teamslite10
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 22:40:58 +0200

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 08:19:08PM +0200, Reinier Post wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 12:26:30AM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> > The joy of new versions. Changes:
> >   - Team chat added. Prefix your messages with '|' to send to team mates.
> >   - Big bad bug in code added to savegame.c fixed
> >   - The player dialog in gtk2 client has been changed. I'm not going to
> >     try change the Xaw/Win32/Amiga clients.
> >   - Lots of smaller stuff that Raimar pointed out
> >
> > Please give it a test. Is the chat thing good enough?
>
> It would be nice if /team or /list gave an overview of team memberships,
> then an unmodified client could be used.

I have to modify this request.
/list already lists the team memberships, except that if no teams are
defined or a player is not in any team, this fact isn't shown.
It would suffice to add "(not in a team)" or similar.

> Further, AI players appear give techs to humans who didn't ask for them.
> It is harmful to get unimportant techs - they slow down research.

This happened in a game in which no teams were defined.
The AIs gave each other and humans techs.  I am not sure
if they go to war with each other.

--
Reinier