Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: coding standard patch

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: coding standard patch
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 14:40:30 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Reinier Post wrote:
> > > To carry things a little farther, emacs and indent will automatically
> > > indent using tabs (or automatically strip tabs).But under the system
>
> Only now do I notice that Raimar did not include my ban against tabs in
> his patch.

My measly contribution:

I don't have a strong opinion on this issue although I don't use tabs
myself and tabs do make .diff look strange sometimes.  If the tabs are
banned, however, there should be info how to configure indenting editors
like emacs to use spaces instead of tabs.

Something like
        (custom-set-variables '(indent-tabs-mode nil))
should work for emacs.

G.