Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: rapturedelay

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: rapturedelay
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:56:22 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Christian Knoke wrote:
> Since long time it had been, that the growing of a raptureing
> city was delayed for 1 turn. This is no longer the case.
>
> This city grows at once, i.e. after turn done.
>
> I think (but am not sure) that the reason is the new
> rapturedelay option. The default is 1, which means
> according to the help text "rapturing after 2 turns".
> This is not true, but should be.

AFAIK civserver ran with delayed rapture, while official released version
did not. However, I was under the impression that the rapturedelay patch
in civserver was the same as the one now in cvs (since after 1.13.0
release), so you shouldn't notice a difference.

I don't know how it works currently, and I can't check at the moment since
my X is dead. (I need 4.2.0 but there isn't one for Debian yet. Yikes.)

Yours
Per

"I don't see why people are so upset about cloning sheep. American
television networks have been doing that to their audiences for years."
-- Jello Biafra