Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: new unit flags, 13th version of the patch (PR#1324)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: new unit flags, 13th version of the patch (PR#1324)
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:34:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 05:26:40PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > > (server/unittools.c:1825:)
> > >
> > >     if (iter && ((struct unit*)ITERATOR_PTR((*iter))) == pcargo) {
> > >         freelog(LOG_DEBUG, "iterating over %s in wipe_unit_safe",
> > >                 unit_name(pcargo->type));
> > >         ITERATOR_NEXT((*iter));
> > >       }
> > >
> > > to the code, it can be resolved in a clean way.
> >
> > Why isn't cleaning this stuff an option?
>
> It can be cleaned up using triggers... (even though the above code may not
> be the best candidate for that.)

Can you give me some urls/mails/source reference what breaks if we use
the simple flag. I remember some mail but there are a lot of mails
with "units flags" in the subject.

> > > What form the events ruleset should take, I don't know yet. I tried to
> > > drawn up one after doing the triggers code, but I wasn't really satisfied
> > > with it, or I would already have a patch for you *g*
> > >
> > > I think embedding python to do this might be an idea worth considering.
> > > Since events rulesets would be optional, so would python.
> >
> > I see.
>
> I take this is as a resounding "yes" to my triggers code? ;)

No. Just to make this explicit ;)

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  This customer comes into the computer store. "I'm looking for a mystery