Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Metaserver disconnecting players (PR#1952)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Metaserver disconnecting players (PR#1952)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:04:57 +0200

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 11:04:10AM -0700, zeldor@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Full_Name: Pawel Gronkiewicz
> Version: 1.13.0
> Client: Both (or N/A)
> OS: Windows 98
> Submission from: (NULL) (212.244.196.49)
>

> I have treid to play FreeCiv with my friends, I have tried many sercvers,
> includin alkhar and freeciv. Every time we treid to launche the game some of
> the
> players has been disconnected and whe they wanted to rejoin they got "tha game
> is already running" error.
> All people are using the same version, all under Windows.

If they *get* disconnected, it's a bug.
If they disconnect *themselves*, while other players are picking a nation,
it's regarded as their own fault.  If you don't want to wait for
everybody to pick a nation, the server thinks you don't want to play,
and throws you out.

This is annoying but I can't think of a good solution.
Allow players to join while in this state?

--
Reinier