[Freeciv-Dev] [Update] Corecleanup_15,16 uploaded to incoming
[Top] [All Lists]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index] [Thread Index]
I've dumped the latest snapshots of the corecleanups into incoming.
Corecleanup15 is against the frecciv-1.13.0 Release. Corecleanup16
merges CVS changes from May 11 to Aug 15 with ongoing updates and
ReadMe for Corecleanup15
The corecleanup devpath is an experimental playground for new features
and bugfixes which have not yet been accepted into CVS. It has been
tracking CVS for about a year and the divergence is about 1Mb in
This is an update of corecleanup14-cvs-May11 to 1.13.0. It also
includes an early version of mapgenerator5 updates from Karen Yeats.
The main area of change is again in the mapgen routines and bugfixes
From coreclenaup14, this is a partial list of other elements of the
Included in the corecleanups besides robustness and standardization fixes
are features such as multiple topologies, improved map generation, the
river estuary movement patch, dynamic warmap and many AI updates,
1) Support play on standard and iso maps with all 4 wrapping conditions
(Flat-Earth, Standard (E-W wrap), Neptune (N-S wrap), Donut World).
2) Geographically sensible maps which support all topologies and
generators. Includes extensive internal waterways (rivers and seas)
3) Allow sea movement into river estuaries - allows for Norse-like
invasions before marines in additiona to Seaway access to inland
4) Find a beachhead. Fix the search dist value so there is room to land.
5) Unit health code and return-home-to-heal in ai_military/aiunit.c
6) Homeland defence and urgency rework in advmilitary.c
7) Homeland defence and low priority simple unit quotas in advdomestic.c.
8) Reworked want calculations including bonus want for current tasks
to prevent flip-flops.
9) General touchups to code all through the above area (including boolish
fixes of <blort> != 0 <blort> -> > 0 where appropriate).
10) Settler.c eval* changes including update and correct use of the routines
in (e.g. can_settler_do_activity) common/unit.c
11) Settler founding site selection changes to remove/reduce smallpox biases.
12) Revised code flow and parameterization of improvements want calcs
13) GB's dynamic warmap subsystem
14) improved manage_explorer and manage_ferryboat
15) minor tweaks to enable attacks on undefended cities
16) set_activity() priorities and multi-turn memory (e.g. so a settler
can be told go forth and plant thyself and it doesn't then ask the
question "huh? what do I do here?" at goto destination point.
17) General changes to ACTIVITY_IDLE that for example keeps waking up
FORTIFIED city defenders so they never get fully defended.
18) LOG_DEBUG format cleanups throughout the AI area to structure the
output for easier comprehension (e.g. fixed width formats vs the
packed flavour so common in both this and displays like city_dialog).
19) Waste in aicity.c (but there is a whole GUI part that needs doing).
20) ai_manage_explorer updates
In explore mode, units will consider both land and accessible
overseas tiles as destinations, and find ferryboats when needed to
21) ai_manage_ferryboat updates
better management of transport and exploration tasks with combined
land and sea movement. ai_manage_military, settlers.c and do_unit_goto
were touched to a lesser extent. Transports and their passengers
should now try to find each other, board and drop off in scheduled
ways so that transporting is efficiently multitasked.
22) adv_domestic quota system for unit builds, and related fixes
Settlers.c ferryboat building has been partially disabled when
sufficient ferryboats already exist, with the result that settlers can
be directly built to found overseas cities more often than not, and will
hop ferryboat rides when needed to reach overseas destinations.
Land and sea patrol units are built first to protect non-military units.
23) various and sundry one liners like
the expand personality tweak in server/srv_main.c:
Savegame at start end end in savegame.c.
gamelog(GAMELOG_NORMAL, "The game is over!");
This has undergone sanity testing of client and server autogames plus
manual play. It is generally usable and playable.
This patch updates the corecleanup sets of changes to freeciv-1.13.0.
i.e. it merges CVS changes to that point and should be applied to
the release source.
Subject: [Update] Corecleanup_15 patch
Date: August 18, 2002
Author: Ross Wetmore
Status: Tested, fully functional and playable
State: Development snapshot
This patch upgrades the corecleanup patch set to 1.13.0, with recent
updates for improved map generation and general bugfixes.
It features improved map handling, core and GUI coordinate handling
for multiple wrap map topologies for both standarad and native isometric
maps, plus various updates to the core AI processing.
Apply the patch to a clean freeciv-1.13.0 source tree in a new build
location. `sh autogen.sh` and `make` to build. Run either server autogame
or autogame with one or more client observers to get a feel for the
system changes. Compare code with current CVS using side-by-side editors
or side-by-side diff program (that ignores whitespace if possible).
924 5568 249157 corecleanup15-1_13_0.dif.gz
203 857 7661 corecleanup15.ReadMe
- [Freeciv-Dev] [Update] Corecleanup_15,16 uploaded to incoming,
Ross W. Wetmore <=