Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Editors was: [Update] Corecleanup_15,16 uploaded to i

To: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Editors was: [Update] Corecleanup_15,16 uploaded to incoming
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:54:03 -0400

I tend to just open up two Xterm windows running vi and arrange
them side-by-side so I can see both contents at the same time.

Emacs people will tell you this is a trivial window split with
only xx lines of Lisp, but I never spent my youth learning the
wonders of Emacs.

I think you can make diff generate this sort of display and pipe
it into a pager for scrolling if you want something fancier.

Windiff or various Visual Diff's like in the MKS Toolkit are an
alternative that often provide some merge and edit functionality
on Windoze systems.

Does that help?

Cheers,
RossW