Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: aircraft rebasing

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: aircraft rebasing
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 13:32:45 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Christian Knoke wrote:
> I don't like the idea of teleporting military units.

I don't either, but I find the idea of having the server do gotos for the
player far worse. A solution that doesn't involve either goto or teleport
would be prefered but I don't see one.

> Also, I want
> control over my units, e.g.: bombing a city, go in, build airport,
> next turn move the bombers in. 12MP is a good thing, too. This makes
> them powerful.

This would be still be possible, since rebasing only kicks in when the
bomber is in its second turn in the air and turn ends.

Yours
Per