[Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA "lost control of" message for AI city (PR#1597)

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA "lost control of" message for AI city (PR#1597)
From: Kenn Munro <kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 20 Jun 2002 23:08:22 -0400

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 12:43, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 02:52:45PM -0700, kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > When moving an explorer next to an AI city, I received the message:
> >
> > CMA: You lost control of Carthago. Detaching from city.
> >
> > It is early in the game, and I never owned Carthago.
>
> Very odd. Carthago has indead two CMA attributes (one for the core and
> for the frontend). I have no idea what has caused this.
>
> I have comitted an extra assert to catch them. It you can reproduce
> (not with this savegame but from scratch) it now please report.
>
>       Raimar

When it first happened, the first thing I thought was that maybe I had
owned Carthago in a previous game.  I then might have started a new
game, without restarting the client, and it might have thought I had the
CMA on Carthago from the previous game.  I couldn't remember owning
Carthago in a previous game before that, but it is possible.

I started a few quick games with some AI's, and although I never
duplicated the above circumstances, I did find something interesting.
If I had a nation that was controlled by an AI in the previous game
(without restarting the client), sometimes when I built a city, it would
start with the CMA turned on.  This is not normal.. correct?  So it
looks like the client is remembering some CMA stuff between games.

Kenn