[Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA "lost control of" message for AI city (PR#1597)

To: Kenn Munro <kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA "lost control of" message for AI city (PR#1597)
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:22:02 +0200

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 11:08:22PM -0400, Kenn Munro wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 12:43, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 02:52:45PM -0700, kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > When moving an explorer next to an AI city, I received the message:
> > >
> > > CMA: You lost control of Carthago. Detaching from city.
> > >
> > > It is early in the game, and I never owned Carthago.
> >
> > Very odd. Carthago has indead two CMA attributes (one for the core and
> > for the frontend). I have no idea what has caused this.
> >
> > I have comitted an extra assert to catch them. It you can reproduce
> > (not with this savegame but from scratch) it now please report.
> >
> >     Raimar
> >

> When it first happened, the first thing I thought was that maybe I had
> owned Carthago in a previous game.  I then might have started a new
> game, without restarting the client, and it might have thought I had the
> CMA on Carthago from the previous game.  I couldn't remember owning
> Carthago in a previous game before that, but it is possible.

The CMA information isn't associated with the city of name "Carthago"
but with the city of the id 251.

> I started a few quick games with some AI's, and although I never
> duplicated the above circumstances, I did find something interesting.
> If I had a nation that was controlled by an AI in the previous game
> (without restarting the client), sometimes when I built a city, it would
> start with the CMA turned on.  This is not normal.. correct?  So it
> looks like the client is remembering some CMA stuff between games.

This is something which shouldn't happen. And it is good if it is
reproducible. Please try the attached patch.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Just because you put a flag on the moon doesn't make it yours, it just