[Freeciv-Dev] For the wishlist: initial_units in the rulesets

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] For the wishlist: initial_units in the rulesets
From: Miguel Farah <miguel@xxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:57:50 -0400

I'm currently working in a scenario where I want each player to begin
with two settlers in a trireme in the sea. The rulesets allow to
indicate how many initial settlers and explorers will be, but no other
units. What I've done is hack the units.ruleset to transform the
explorer (useless in my map) to a sea unit, but it's ugly AND I'm not
sure it'll work.

I'd prefer to have a initial_units directive that lets the designer to
specify which&how many units each player will have. The current
situation, which would be the default, would be:

initial_units="settler=1;explorer=1"

My scenarios would use:

initial_units="settler=2;trireme=1"

I know we're currently in a feature freeze, so we can discuss this
calmly before anyone bothers implementing this. :->