[Freeciv-Dev] Re: DoS attack server with allowconnect (PR#1139)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: DoS attack server with allowconnect (PR#1139)
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:26:29 +0200

On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 03:26:21PM -0700, Reinier Post wrote:

> What I did was add a command /fix that allows options to be fixed
> at runtime.  This is experimental.  The nice thing is that things like
> /set allowconnect, /set endyear and /set fogofwar can now be prevented,
> but it may also introduce problems - you typically don't want someone
> to type /fix timeout just before the game starts, for example.

So you could type:

set endyear 5000
fix endyear

or:

aitoggle K
fix aitoggle

You'll need a command:

nofix endyear

SCNR, just kidding!

Or have you restricted the use of the fix command to the time before
game start? (Haven't read your patch.)

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/