[Freeciv-Dev] Re: savegame format

To: "G. Dyke" <gordon.dyke@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: savegame format
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:16:14 -0500

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 10:33:42PM +0200, G. Dyke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty new to Freeciv (a couple of weeks) and although I'd like to help
> with the development some time, I've got a bit more understanding of the
> game to get (not to mention learning C properly)
>
> I've been trying to create a map of Switzerland (it looks a bit stupid : all
> surrounded by sea ;-) I was hoping to use civworld, but I haven't got a unix
> at home and at school we don't have gtk2.0 installed (and sysadmin probably
> suspected my reasons for wanting it installed - he told me I'd have enough
> room to install my own stuff next year).

I'll let someone else comment on the rest: why no unix at home? dual boot.
civworld needs gtk1.2 rather than 2.0 so if school's got that, you're in
luck. I have thought more than briefly about providing a gtk2 client since
gtk2 shouldn't have much problem with 1.2 code.

Perhaps someone who knows something about compiling gtk on windows could
provide a windows civworld binary?

-mike