[Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA crash when choosing new govt (PR#1546)

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA crash when choosing new govt (PR#1546)
From: Kenn Munro <kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09 Jun 2002 05:22:48 -0400

On Sun, 2002-06-09 at 03:52, Raimar Falke wrote:
> Yes. But I don't know an easy way to do this. I also suspect that
> other changes (tax rates for example) may have such problems. Any
> input on how this can be done?
>
> Since this won't be fixed before release I suggest adding a "don't
> click too fast" into BUGS. Should the pointer patch also be included?
>
>       Raimar

For a quick fix, could the buttons on any existing "choose govt" dialog
box be disabled at the same time your pointer patch changes the cursor?

As for the pointer patch itself, the cursor only changes when its over
the main window; over the "choose govt" box, it was still a normal
arrow, so it looked like it was "ok" to click.  And I prefer the
GDK_WATCH for a "busy, don't click" cursor.

If its not fixed before release, then a mention in BUGS of timing issues
might be appropriate, and the cursor change is good to show that the
client is doing something.

Kenn