[Freeciv-Dev] CMA crash when choosing new govt (PR#1546)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] CMA crash when choosing new govt (PR#1546)
From: kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 21:30:09 -0700 (PDT)

Full_Name: Kenn Munro
Version: 1.12.3-devel
Client: Gtk+
OS: Red Hat 7.2
Submission from: (NULL) (216.104.96.132)

I got a CMA crash after changing governments.  I uploaded a savegame
(kenn5.sav.gz) to incoming.  Join as kenn, then do the following:

1715 AD
1) Unload the caravan from the transport into Michoacan and establish a
traderoute.
2) Move the settler near Jalapa onto the buffalo and build a railroad.
3) Make the transport near Michoacan "goto" Barcelona.
4) Start a revolution
5) End turn
1720 AD
6) When the "choose government" box pops up, choose Democracy as quick as you
can (if you wait, there's no error).

I tried saving the game after step 3 above, then loading it and continuing the
steps, and it didn't produce the error.

The client gives the following error:
1: CMA: Jalapa has changed multiple times. This may be an error in freeciv or
bad luck. Please contact <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>. The CMA will detach itself
from the city now.
civclient: cma_core.c:1790: handle_city: Assertion `0' failed.
Aborted

The first time it gave the error, it also spit out this, but not subsequent
times:
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 1388 (gtk_widget_destroy): assertion
`GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed.

Tested using today's CVS and Raimar's patches for PR#1543.

Kenn