[Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA crash when choosing new govt (PR#1546)

To: kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA crash when choosing new govt (PR#1546)
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 12:25:31 +0200

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 09:30:09PM -0700, kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Full_Name: Kenn Munro
> Version: 1.12.3-devel
> Client: Gtk+
> OS: Red Hat 7.2
> Submission from: (NULL) (216.104.96.132)
>

> I got a CMA crash after changing governments.  I uploaded a savegame
> (kenn5.sav.gz) to incoming.  Join as kenn, then do the following:
>
> 1715 AD
> 1) Unload the caravan from the transport into Michoacan and establish a
> traderoute.
> 2) Move the settler near Jalapa onto the buffalo and build a railroad.
> 3) Make the transport near Michoacan "goto" Barcelona.
> 4) Start a revolution
> 5) End turn
> 1720 AD

> 6) When the "choose government" box pops up, choose Democracy as quick as you
> can (if you wait, there's no error).

This sounds like a timing problem. The CMA is still doing work and you
change the government from under its feet. In the turn-done case it
could be fixed I don't see an easy solution here.

Can you apply the patch and test if the bug is only occuring if the
cursor shows the ship?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  "brand memory are for windows users that think their stability