[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Path finding interface #9

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Path finding interface #9
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 08:56:50 +0200

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 08:30:19PM +0100, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

> Method G.1:
>
> Do the conventional warmap, recording at safe tiles the shortest time to
> get there and the direction.
>
> Unsafe tiles should be split into 6 (where 6 is the max MP of the
> unit), indexed by j = 1..6.   For an unsafe tile D, in D[j] we record the
> shortest time and direction to get to D while still having j MP left.
>
> Thus in the attached picture g[6] will contain time=18, dir=c,
> g[4] will contain time=8, dir d and g[2] won't contain anything.
>
> Any move from safe S to unsafe D will potentially generate two entries at
> D: for just moving to S with whatever moves you have left and for camping
> at S overnight and then moving.

Is it true:
 - if we remove the is_position_safe and let the trireme issue out
 that the best path is independent of the choose policy (TC_MINIMUM,
 TC_AVERAGE, TC_MAXIMUM)?
 - if we implement is_position_safe that the best path depends on the
 policy and so TC_NONE has to be removed?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Python is executable pseudocode. Perl is executable line noise"