[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Path finding interface #9

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Path finding interface #9
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 20:07:17 +0100 (BST)

Raimar,

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

> On Tue, 28 May 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> >
> > Is it true:
> >  - if we remove the is_position_safe and let the trireme issue out
> >  that the best path is independent of the choose policy (TC_MINIMUM,
> >  TC_AVERAGE, TC_MAXIMUM)?
>
> no: you have 6 moves/turn, choose between these 3-segment paths:
> (a) 5-6-5
> (b) 6-6-2
> (c) 5-2-6
>
> MINIMUM will go for (a)
> MAXIMUM will go for (b)
> AVERAGE will go for (c)

Personally I see no sense in these
        turn_cost_factor, move_cost_factor.
Why would you ever need such clumsy and complicated function as
        turn_cost_factor * turns_needed
        + move_cost_factor * (move_rate - moves_left)
        + sum(basic_move_cost * PF_BMC_FACTOR + extra_cost) ???

In my opinion
        move_points_spent + sum(extra_cost)
is enough, if move_points_spent is calculated according to one of the
3 models: MIN, MAX and AVE.

If you disagree, please give examples.

G.