[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Question (SDL UI)

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Question (SDL UI)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 14:12:39 +0200 (MEST)

On Sat, 18 May 2002, Daniel Bennett wrote:
>       The lack of widgets is actually the reason I ask.. I'm not
> interested in it because it's cross-platform, or efficient, or made by space
> aliens.  I just think it would make a good starting point for some
> eye-candy inspired versions of the client.

Freeciv uses a lot of widgets. It is possible to do some things
differently, of course, but to make an SDL client without any widget set
at all will be extremely hard. I recommend looking at Paragui before even
considering such a project. Using that library, you can create very fancy
looking widgets (transparent and themeable).

Yours,
Per

"As Israeli forces pursued militants, civilians
continued getting in the way and dying as a
result." -- New York Times, April 21