[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Tilesets in 1.13.0

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Tilesets in 1.13.0
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 09:35:07 -0500

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 06:02:17AM -0700, Raahul Kumar wrote:

> If you wish to download and play with hires instead here is the link:
>
> ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/
>
> ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/contrib/tilesets/
>
> You can also find cevo2.tgz, which is a vastly superior tileset. It is by far
> the prettiest tileset yet available for Freeciv.
>
> If you want to make the developers change the default tileset, there will soon
> be a poll for a new tileset on the web page. Vote for your favourite.

There will be no poll on the website to determine default tileset. An
anonymous poll will not do. If there is to be a vote, it will be on
freeciv or freeciv-dev.

Before that takes place, however, I'm inclined to agree with Ross. At
least for this release, despite it increasing the tarball size by ~330k,
we should put cevo in the release. As to whether cevo or isotrident is
the default, the vote can be put.

I would like to gather an opinion, however, about the approximate
legality of the cevo graphics... Everyone is comfortable with this?

-mike