[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Tilesets in 1.13.0

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Tilesets in 1.13.0
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 07:44:08 -0700 (PDT)

<snip>
> There will be no poll on the website to determine default tileset. An
> anonymous poll will not do. If there is to be a vote, it will be on
> freeciv or freeciv-dev.

Interesting. I'm not sure why you think this. Only a minority of Freeciv
players
subscribe to the mailing list. The majority probably do visit the website.

> Before that takes place, however, I'm inclined to agree with Ross. At
> least for this release, despite it increasing the tarball size by ~330k,
> we should put cevo in the release. As to whether cevo or isotrident is
> the default, the vote can be put.
>
> I would like to gather an opinion, however, about the approximate
> legality of the cevo graphics... Everyone is comfortable with this?

We're in the clear as far the graphics go. I've posted in Cevo, and they have a
Public Domain license, so we can GPL the graphics or do whatever we want. As
for the graphics stolen from Civ 2, Daniel got them all. There were also some
infringing in Per's R-Hires. The Cevo2.tgz is not contaminated with unclean
graphics. And if someone was going to be sued, it would be Cevo. They are the
originators of this tileset :).

> -mike

Aloha,
RK.

Pulling together is the aim of despotism and tyrants. Free men pull in all
kinds of directions. ... It's the only way to make progress.
{The Truth, 2000, Terry Pratchett}