[Freeciv-Dev] Re: cevo 2 -- cleaned up version

To: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: cevo 2 -- cleaned up version
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 01:04:38 -0700 (PDT)

--- Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have posted a cleaned up version of cevo to the ftp site.  Someone with
> the relevant password should probably remove the old one.  I have replaced
> the following sprites to eliminate copyright concerns:
>   submarine

I am looking at my Civ 2 graphics. The submarine unit does not look anything
like the sub unit you eliminated. In fact your replacement has an uncanny
resemblance ;-). The black sub in the original cevo is nowhere near similar
to the silver sub I see in units.gif in my Civ 2 directory.

>   silk (ouch!)

The silk does look unnaturally similar.

>   roads
>   iron
>   gold
>   game (i.e. on tundra)
>   oil
> I have replaced them with non-civ2 sprites.  Note that alpine troops
> remain -- while they are extremely similar, they are not merely
> color-shifted, but actually redrawn.

The originals were from Civ 2? I'm wondering how come Microprose has not
cracked down on C-evo.

> I have also eliminated the dependance on hires (which consisted of one
> sprite: city.disorder) and, while I was at it, improved that sprite a bit
> (IMO).

The new tileset looks good as well.

Aloha,
RK.

And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen
One: "Psst!"
{Small Gods, 1992, Terry Pratchett}