[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Andreas Kemnade's New Windows Startup Dialog

To: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Andreas Kemnade's New Windows Startup Dialog
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:32:11 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Andreas Kemnade wrote:

> I could use groupboxes (like gtk frames) in the dialogs to make them
> look nicer. But I have to know
> 1. how to calculate the total size of such a box from the size of its
>    contents
> 2. how to calculate the position where to place the contents of those
>    groupboxes (how big the border is)
>
> I have not found the time yet to work on such details.

You might find the gtk_frame_size_request function at
http://cvs.sf.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dopewars/dopewars/src/gtkport/gtkport.c?rev=1.10&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
useful (apologies for the ludicrously long URL). This is an implementation
of a subset of GTK+ that I use to a) avoid having to use the horrible
Win32 API and b) use native Win32 controls rather than odd-looking (on a
Windows box) GTK+ widgets. Alternatively, I guess the "proper" GTK+ source
does something similar, but probably in a more flexible and sophisticated
way. ;)

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"This I swear you're the fiercest calm I've been in"