[Freeciv-Dev] [Patch] turn_founded

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [Patch] turn_founded
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:24:48 +0100

The patch fixed two problems which are unrelated on the first sight:
did_buy isn't a bool and the cities in the city dialog (next/prev
buttons) are unsorted.

did_buy hasn't been converted to bool since it is set to -1 in the
turn it is founded. This is used to give a different message which you
try to buy something. Solved by introducing a turn_founded field in
struct city.

A long time ago we discussed without result by what criteria cities
should be sorted in the city dialog. In Civ3 the criteria is the time
of the city foundation. IMHO this criteria is usefull. You may guess
it: we use the new field for the sorting.

Patch is straightforward except the savegame compatibility which may
need extra eye balls.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere."