[Freeciv-Dev] Well done (new user)

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Well done (new user)
From: "Steve Payne" <spayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 20:53:17 -0000

Dear Sir,

May I congratulate you and your fellows on an excellent project. Well done!

I am a long term civ fan. I run a games club (www.historygamer.com) where the main game is civ2 multiplayer.

As a programmer and web designer I recenlty thought it was about time that I should write a simultaneous movement version of civ2.

Imagine my suprise when I came accross your site! (I was actually hoping some hacker had put the civ2 source code up for grabs some where).

You have a working version of my project - and with 30 players on a proper client / server configuration!!

My games club, a private enterprise since late 1998, will go public soon (within a year) where I plan to host civ competitions. I would like to persuade our club to adopt freeciv as our official cuv game over civ2. I hope that you would be pleased if we did this.

Perhaps in the future I can assist in your project? At the moment I am heavily involved in web programming (there is so much to learn), but my club and playing civ is a very important part of my life - so I am keen to see your collaboration win through.

Good luck - I will check your website regularly from now on and report bugs, requests etc.

Steve Payne