Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: make ai understand peace and alliances 2 (PR#12

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: make ai understand peace and alliances 2 (PR#1277)
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:22:20 -0600

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 12:51:35PM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 02:07:00AM -0800, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
>
> So we have now active diplomacy and passive diplomacy. The question
> is: is it worth implementing passive diplomacy because you have to
> reaudit the code when active diplomacy is implemented?

        IMHO, Yes.
        One of the ways to make Easy mode easier is to start the human
player at peace with all AIs.  Then they only have to deal with
consequences once they attack an AI and break that peace.  This lets
beginning players develop without getting killed immediately.
        It is kinda pointless to have all AIs allied together against you,
but it unquestionably makes the game more challenging.  That's the stage of
Civ2 endgame that people hated the most.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."