Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] two new difficulty levels

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] two new difficulty levels
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:19:04 +0100 (MET)

Another small patch. This one introduces two new difficulty levels:
        'harder', where all the AIs start the game at peace
        'tough', where all the AIs start the game allied and with shared
                vision

I've done only minimal playtesting, but it looks like it works as
intended. The AI concentrates on blasting me and does a lot more peaceful
expansion since it is not threatened by hostile AIs. I even saw it use
caravans for trade routes to allied cities, so this is proof the other
patch works as intended. Requires the previously posted ai patch.

Is this a good idea?

Yours,
Per

"What we anticipate seldom occurs: but what we least expect generally
happens." -- Benjamin Disraeli