Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [wishlist] possibility to make draws (PR#1280)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [wishlist] possibility to make draws (PR#1280)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:02:11 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 mriser@xxxxxxx wrote:
> With big multiplayer games or games with fixed teams the winning team often
> wants to make a draw at the end (when there are no enemies left)

I'll add this feature to my "teams" patch. Without teams, it is quite
difficult to get clear criterias for when to end the game (say player A is
allied to B and B is allied to C, but A is not allied to C: do we still
quit or not? neither option is intuitive).

> currently possible it is rather painful to ensure that all players in the team
> have exactly the same numbers of points!

Why should they have the exactly same number of points?

Yours,
Per

PS Game over code is in server/srv_main.c:is_game_over, while score at end
of game code is in server/report.c:report_scores

"What we anticipate seldom occurs: but what we least expect generally
happens." -- Benjamin Disraeli