Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] City dialog too large

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Egbert Hinzen <garfy@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Pieter J . Kersten" <P.J.Kersten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] City dialog too large
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:53:20 +0100

In the german translation the new city dialog has a width of 754 while
the english one has a width of 570. This has annoyed me for a long
time. The attached patch shows the increase of the translation of
strings which are used in the city dialog.

$ ./civclient | grep MARK | sort -n | tail
 10 MARK 'Cities: %d total, %d over threshold of %d cities.
 10 MARK 'Cities: %d total, %d over threshold of %d cities.
 10 MARK 'Taxmen'
 11 MARK 'Supported units'
 13 MARK 'Auto attack vs'
 13 MARK 'Next time open'
 13 MARK 'see README.cma.'
 14 MARK 'CMA and presets'
 19 MARK 'Disband if build settler at size 1'
 28 MARK 'Show future targets'

This means that the german translation of 'Show future targets' is 28
chars longer than the original. It turns out that 'Disband if build
settler at size 1' is the problem. If it is shortened the dialog will
also get a width of 570. Since I noticed that the dialog is also
bigger in the Dutch translation I attached the patch.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Life is too short for reboots."