Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] CMA Help v4 (PR#1263)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] CMA Help v4 (PR#1263)
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:38:34 +0100

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 04:26:09AM -0800, Raahul Kumar wrote:

> Looks good. Some minor nitpicks.

An updated patch has been applied inbetween.

> > +But beware! If you use the CMA for some of your cities, you will \
> > +encounter some difficulties with managing cities nearby, by hand. \
>
> Nearby, by hand? Sounds incorrect. I think
>
> If you use the CMA for some of your cities, you will \
> encounter some difficulties with managing nearby cities by hand. \
> In particular, if a CMA city has tiles overlapping with a human city,
> the CMA city will have priority. You cannot make the CMA release the tile.

That's what I intended to say. Is my text bad english / prone to
misunderstanding? I wanted to be short. But feel free to make a patch.

> > +It's best to manage all cities on an island either by hand or by \
> > +CMA. Read more hints, some background information, and some \
>
> Not true. As long as your cities do not have overlapping tiles, it does not
> matter.

This explanation is beyond the scope of an online help, I think.
But feel free to patch, esp. README.cma.

Christian

--
http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *