Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA dialog update (PR#1265)

To: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: CMA dialog update (PR#1265)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 20:56:56 +0100

On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 03:49:32AM -0800, Christian Knoke wrote:
> CVS 17 FEB 2002 etcetc
>
> Wenn I sell a temple, the city falls into disorder,
> CMA gives up and passes back control. But switching to
> the CMA tab, the window doesn't reflect this state. It looks
> like the CMA is still active.
>
> (Testing means to find bugs you've never searched for)
>
> Savegame available.

(speculation):
 1) new city info arrive
 2) city dialog is updated
 3) cma_core acts
 4) cma disable itself

In the non-existing point 5) the city dialog need to be
refreshed. Possible solutions:
 a) let the city dialog scan the events and act upon
 E_CITY_CMA_RELEASE
 b) let cma_core call back some function in the front-end code (layer
 violation)
 c) let the city dialog be another agent which actions are carried out
 after the CMA and the action is to compare to the previous state and
 update the GUI.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Of course, someone who knows more about this will correct me if I'm