[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Do barbarians count? (Was: CVS's civserver assertion f

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Do barbarians count? (Was: CVS's civserver assertion failed)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:17:44 +0100

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 12:07:00PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
>  --- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 03:27:48PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > >
> > > I still think you shouldn't include barbarians in global_advances.
> >
> > Thats another topic.
>
> No it is not.
>
> The rules have to be systematic.  Tech_leakage has to function similarly
> to Great Library, just by their definition, otherwise you get a mess.
> Right now the Great Library checks for global_advances[tech]>=2 (so it
> can possibly get tech from barbarians).  You either have to do leakage in
> the same way, or to fix global_advances.  The second is preferable I
> think.

Assumption: we should patch the code to make barbarians a normal AI
player if they got a city.

Ok. Under this assumption I'm for adding
"if(!is_barbarian()){global_advances[i]++;}" and ignoring barbarians
in the leakage calculations.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  (On the statement print "42 monkeys"+"1 snake"): BTW, both perl and Python