[Freeciv-Dev] Do barbarians count? (Was: CVS's civserver assertion faile

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Do barbarians count? (Was: CVS's civserver assertion failed)
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:07:00 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 03:27:48PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> >
> > I still think you shouldn't include barbarians in global_advances.
>
> Thats another topic.

No it is not.

The rules have to be systematic.  Tech_leakage has to function similarly
to Great Library, just by their definition, otherwise you get a mess.
Right now the Great Library checks for global_advances[tech]>=2 (so it
can possibly get tech from barbarians).  You either have to do leakage in
the same way, or to fix global_advances.  The second is preferable I
think.

G.